SANDBOX FITNESS REVIEW: BRINGING THE BEACH TO THE GYM
Two years ago when I moved to Los Angeles I couldn't be more excited to find out I would be living only 6 miles from the beach! I was looking forward to driving over to the beach, going on some runs, and rollerblading down the Santa Monica bike path. Little did I know... 6 miles can turn into an eternity in LA because of traffic! And little did I know a gym would soon become a beach only a few miles away from me. When my friend asked me to go workout at a place called Sandbox Fitness where my FIRST CLASS was COMPLETELY FREE and the gym was a sandbox, I literally told myself I will believe it when I see it!
RECAP: SANDBOX SHERMAN OAKS
The first class I tried was the BOOTCAMP with Katie Seigel. It only took this one class for me to be HOOKED! The class was 45 minutes long, I had broke a serious sweat, AND my muscles were burning all over my body! It was so shocking to me that a workout this difficult could be so much fun and not feel like a workout at all. The instructor Katie is one of the most intense instructors I have encountered in LA! She really pushes you to get those reps in and has amazing energy!
SANDBOX FITNESS TV DEBUT
Soon after my first class, Sandbox started to show up all over social media and on TV! KTLA, The Ellen Show, and even E! Entertainment wanted to see what the hype was all about at Sandbox Fitness. Get a taste of this sandy workout in one of my favorite clips below of The Rich Kids of Beverly Hills giving Sandbox a shot! (Unless you want reality drama just watch the first minute!)
RECAP: SANDBOX WEST HOLLYWOOD
It didn't take long for Sandbox to expand and open a location 3 minutes away from me in West Hollywood! I was ready to be ADVENTUROUS and take on Tidal Turbulence with instructor Quinn Crumbley! Boy was I in for a workout! The class consisted of 4 minute circuits with 3-4 movements per circuit. Exercises included burpees, jumping on and off the board, push ups on the board, mountain climbers, TRX rows and lunges, and some other killer movements on the board! Then the second half of class was dedicated to abs and strengthening that core!
HOW TO SIGN UP AND FIND DEALS
As I mentioned before your FIRST CLASS with SANDBOX is FREE at the Sherman Oaks location and in West Hollywood FIRST CLASS is $10 AND they welcome Classpassers! Also, I have seen Sandbox appear on GILT & Groupon in the past AND they run sales throughout the year usually around Memorial Day Weekend and 4th of July weekend such as 20% off packages... Such a deal! Some of my favorite instructors include Katie, Minna, Jessica, and Quinn and they can be found teaching a variety of classes at both locations. To sign up for class visit Mind Body: goo.gl/SL7CyW
SANDBOX FITNESS CLASSES
- SURFSET 101
- Focuses on the basics of the board, core strength, form, and balance.
- Total body workout similar to real surfing and its benefits.
- SURFET BALANCE
- Yoga Inspired class focusing on stability and balance.
- SURFSET STRENGTH
- Weighted bands & bars are used to target individual muscle groups.
- Use gravity & body weight to develop strength and a solid core.
- TIDAL TURBULENCE
- Core blasting & muscle engaging combining TRX and SURFSET.
- A high intensity, circuit training, BOOTCAMP in the Sand.
- SURFSET BARRE
- Uses barred and light weights to work glutes, torso, arms, and legs.
- SANDBOX KIDS
- A class just for kids to release energy and have fun! Boys and girls welcome!
- Sandbox sells Sand Socks to protect your pedicures OR bring some socks!
- The Sand can be cold sometimes
- Both locations have limited parking in the back
- Classes are 45 minutes long
- Bring lots of water
- You are barefoot in all classes
- Bring a towel
- Instructors I love: Minna, Quinn, Katie, & Jessica
13557 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
8317 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048
MY FITSTER REVIEW ON OPEN SWEAT
Enjoy this one-of-a-kind ADULT SANDBOX!
Stay FIT my FRIENDS.