BARRY'S BOOTCAMP FITNESS REVIEW: HOW I WENT FROM BABE TO BADASS IN 60 MINUTES
A 60 minute Bootcamp... Well that alone intimidated me enough to not try Barry's for years! Then I came across a post to try Barry's Bootcamp for a free class sponsored by Fiji Water. A FREE CLASS in LA...that was way too tempting to pass up. So I called my brother to join for extra motivation AND I was on my way to get BARRY'D!
Barry's must believe first impressions are everything because they give an incredible first impression. Upon walking into the Hollywood location I couldn't help but notice the very spacious front desk area filled with clothing, a smoothie bar (also known as The Fuel Bar at Barrys), plenty of lockers & towels, and even a selfie station. Not going to lie I felt like such a BABE before class so I just couldn't resist snapping a pic. This was seriously everything you could ever want in a gym!
This particular class at Barry's Bootcamp was their Full Body class. I began with the group on the Woodway treadmills while the other group began on the floor portion. Woodway treadmills are a new innovative treadmill that is said to be less stressful on your bodies muscles, tendons, and joints than your traditional treadmill. I think they are much harder and have noticed no knee troubles after running!
My rotation during the class was as follows: Treadmill block, floor block, treadmill block, floor block, stretch & cool down. The treadmill block consisted of walking, jogging, and sprints all of which was guided by the instructor. The floor block consisted of weight training for both your arms and legs, core training, and various ab movements mixed in. Some movements included: weighted squats, chest presses, tricep dips, planks, lunges, bicep curls, and push ups. After the class was complete the instructor spent about 5 minutes with the class to walk us through some stretching as a cool down.
After completing 60 minutes of Barry's one thing is for certain... I felt like a TOTAL BADASS! I was so happy I finally stopped making excuses and gave it a try! It was an amazing work out! Here were some of the things I liked and disliked in regards to the workout and facility!
- The Woodway Treadmills felt less stressful on my knees and hamstrings
- Transitioning often kept me from getting bored
- Instructor keeping countdowns clear and understandable during blocks
- Protein shake waiting for me after class (All you have to do is order before class!)
- All the amenities give you your money's worth!
- No rowing
- The room was too dark for me causing trouble seeing my treadmill buttons
- No TRX at this location... I prefer to switch things up and not just have weights
- Very fast pace & hard to retain and remember floor movements.. I found myself looking around copying others most of the floor block
SCHEDULE & HOW TO SIGN UP
The schedule times vary depending on the location you go to however, the class stays the same nationwide. To sign up visit their website and choose the location you would be interested in reserving a class: http://www.barrysbootcamp.com/ ... Barry's Bootcamp is also on Classpass and at the West Hollywood and Hollywood locations they offer a first class for $20.
- Monday: Arms + Abs
- Tuesday: Legs + Butt
- Wednesday: Chest, Back, + Abs
- Thursday: Abs
- Friday: Full Body
- Saturday: Full Body
- Sunday: Full Body
EXTRA TIPS & AMENITIES
- Free Towel Service
- Fuel Bar (Order drink before class and have it ready as you walk out)
- Fuel Bar Fav: Simply PB:Almond Milk, Banana, Whey Protein, &, PB
- Digital Lockers
- Water Fountain
- Spacious locker rooms
- Showers with Malin+Goetz Soap Products
- 90 minute validated parking underneath the building off of Argyle and in WEHO free parking in the structure below
EAT, PRAY, BARRYS FIT FRIENDS!!!